Why Choose Custom Photography?

Check this out.

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Sweet Treat Idea

One of the blogs I check daily (linked to bottom right...All & Sundry) has recommended the following chocolate pumpkin muffins. I'm on my way to the store with Lily to get the ingredients and make a batch!
Sundry (the writer of the fabulous blog I mentioned) is hilarious and real and I want to be her friend so badly! There is one objectionable word in the recipe below, but I'm leaving it in b/c it's so fittingly placed.
Go make the muffins and go read All and Sundry. You'll love her! Promise.

Insanely Good Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 can pumpkin [edited to clarify that this should be the 'regular' size can of pumpkin, not the large variety — the original recipe calls for 1 CUP of pumpkin so if that's easier use that measurement]
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbls molasses
Some amount of chocolate chips

• Preheat oven to 400˚ and lightly grease a 12 muffin tin (I would use paper holders next time, just because it makes them easier to remove).
• Sift (or stir well) flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices together in large bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, and molasses.
• Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
• Stir in your desired amount of chocolate chips (I recommend a "shitload").
• Fill the muffin cups 2/3s full.
• Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Eat and be merry!

1 comment:

Blaze said...

Hi Sara!
I just happened to stumble across your blog, and I absolutely LOVE it! Your photography is very beautiful, and you definitely capture childhood! :)

I hope to hear from you sometime soon! Have a wonderful evening!